[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 44, Issue 18

Robert Gasiorowski rgresume at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:30:26 CST 2017

I would stay away from auto router as much as possible, but you could use
it as a quick start for complicated boards.

1. it is best to manually run power traces first
2. run auto router for the first time
3. move around traces and vias that looks odd and that could be relocated
4. rip up everything that still looks odd
5. run AR again and repeat steps 3-5 as many times as it takes to get good
looking layout
6. fix clearances between traces, pads, and vias

Here's an example:
after first AR, N$14 is a disaster
[image: Inline image 1]

Rip it up and move up via that is next to N$40
[image: Inline image 2]

run AR again, looks better?
when doing step #6, make traces that connect to pads at angle (N$13,N$40)
to look like N$14
[image: Inline image 3]