[TriEmbed] Is anyone here a JST Connector Wizard

Trampas Stern trampas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:53:12 CDT 2024

Rick,

I do quite a few JST crimps and here is what I found works best for me.
Note I have tried every crimper I could find, the engineering ones and
others.  I found the process of setting up the terminals to be the key to
success. It is not a fast process but I have had good results.

I use this crimper, but many are the same:
[image: image.png]

Then I prepare the terminal, first cut off the leader near the terminal to
be used:
[image: image.png]

Bend the terminal to be crimped 90 degrees as shown below:
[image: image.png]

Insert into the crimper and close as shown, these crimpers lock in this
position and often the insulation wings are a bit wide and I have to
squeeze them before installing in the crimper.
[image: image.png]
Then I insert the stripped wire.
[image: image.png]

After the crimp I break the terminal and wire from the leader, while doing
a pull test.
[image: image.png]

Trampas