[TriEmbed] Is anyone here a JST Connector Wizard

Trampas Stern trampas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:02:03 CDT 2024

I should note that you need to bend the terminal 90 degrees before crimp
when using larger terminals that are not the first set of dies on the
crimper.  As such I always just bend them 90 as part of my process.
I use several different JST connectors (XH, PH etc) so I pick the die based
on the terminal and wire size.

Also if you want perfect crimps you need to mark the wire before inserting.
You can not see how far the wire goes into the terminal before crimping. I
inserted mine too far in the image above.  As such you can use marker to
mark wire length or take time to be more accurate than I was on the depth.

You can also buy wire leads from digikey pre crimped:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/jumper-wires-pre-crimped-leads/453?s=N4IgTCBcDaIFYGcAuACADgCxQdwJYCcBTFAG0IEMATBEAXQF8g
I usually recommend that people buy these pre-crimped leads where possible,
however I still crimp my own.

Trampas