[TriEmbed] Is anyone here a JST Connector Wizard

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:36:41 CDT 2024

I’m convinced that these things are the invention of the devil!

Despite my best efforts, I’d guess i have about a 20% yield crimping JST terminals.

I’ve bought several crimping tools. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4L8QMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WNZ9FW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 were recommended by various YouTube videos.

The second one works a bit better unlike the first it has you crimp the electrical contact first and then the mechanical crimp around the insulation.

My big problem is that the insulation crimp often doesn’t form correctly.  Instead of wrapping around the insulation the wings just stick out straight.

Then either the terminal comes off the wire while removing the “tape” part, or when trying to to insert the terminal in the plastic shell.

Is my problem with the terminals? I’ve been buying kits from Amazon. Would i be better off with a different vendor like Digikey?

Any advice gladly appreciated.

——
Rick DeNatale