[TriEmbed] Experience with inspection robot projects?

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:29:10 CDT 2022

Ron,
Your diagram looks almost exactly like a model train layout.  You could buy
a lot of cheap O-scale track nowadays, and add a powered flatcar to hold
the camera (which by the way also would give you power for the camera).  I
belong to a number of model train clubs who have surplus track and rolling
stock, and I could help you with the wiring of the back-and-forth control
circuitry.  Essentially a garden layout under the house....  *(for those on
the list who will chime in about derailments, there is a method to modify
the wheels to stay on the track more securely -- modellers don't do it
because it doesn't look "prototypical", but is easily done for robotics and
equipment test jigs and the like)*

- sgh