[TriEmbed] C language declaration tool

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:09:25 CDT 2022

Doxygen (https://www.doxygen.nl/index.html) was always my goto tool for
code documentation, and help in reverse engineering someone else's code
(including my own after a year or more) for altering or updating code.  And
it has been around since the mid-1990's.

- sgh

On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 11:33 AM Trampas Stern via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> I have some rules which I follow with code, the number 1 rule is:
>
> *Code must be understandable by the next person.*
>
> If you need a tool to explain the code you have failed.  However if you
> are learning C and want to understand the basics then it might be a good
> learning tool.
>
> Note I have the rule above and strive to meet it, but I often fail. Seems
> the next guy is never as smart as I was, especially when the next guy is me
> in a few days/months.
>
> Trampas
>

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 10:17 AM Carl Nobile via TriEmbed <
> triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>
>> Interesting, but why someone would write code that way is beyond me.
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 8:59 AM Peter Soper via TriEmbed <
>> triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The page below provides a translator from C declaration to English
>>> description and visa versa. It is great for complex function pointer and
>>> array syntax.
>>>
>>> https://cdecl.org/
>>> Searchable email archive available at
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/
>>>

>> --
>> Searchable email archive available at
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/

> Searchable email archive available at
> https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com
*Although kindness is rarely a job, no matter what you do it's always an
option.*