[TriEmbed] an apparent Particle Workbench problem

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu May 13 16:28:58 CDT 2021

Thanks, folks. Jon's experience is good to know and Dan's extension will
be handy for some. And in my previous posting C-S-P "reset editory
history" should have been C-S-P "clear editor history".

Here's a specific problem I'm having that somebody might be familiar
with. I have two libraries and cannot figure out how to make a sketch
build with refs to both libraries. I originally had a library.properties
for each lilbrary directory (level with their src subdirs), but the IDE
hid one of the two libraries. That is, although there was no "not found"
error for one of the #include macros the IDE did not include it in the
preprocessing for some reason so I could put "foo" at global scope of
the "hidden library" and not get a compile error. So I thought of
hoisting the library.properties up a level (in "lib" in the pic below)
but now I get a wacky build error. What am I doing wrong?

One notion of what I'm doing wrong is not blowing a fuse over there
being no formal spec for project.properties and library.properties, or
at least any I've been able to find and I've been searching for them.
Maybe there are reference materials linked to from a single place in
support.particle.io?? I see lots of examples but not spec. Is it really
the case there are only two possible fields in a project.properties file
(name and dependency

-Pete

PS While preparing this I caught Code/Particle Workbench caching one of
my source files in such a way that my confidence in this tool is shaken.
I'm wishing I could use the makefiles directly. :-( So when I exit and
restart code it has it's own idea of the state of my source files such
that a mutation in between sessions is not seen. Is this possible? What
a P O S.

The picture of the Code IDE session showing the file/dir layout is here:
*https://triembed.org/images/particle-workbench-problem1.png*

*The project.properties looks like this*:

name=alpha
dependencies.SIAccMagSensor=0.0.1
dependencies.SIPlatform=0.0.1

*The library.properties file looks like this. *

name=SIAccMagSensor
sentence=foo
version=0.0.1
author=foo
license=foo
url=https://github.com/foo
repository=https://github.com/foo
paragraph=This library is foo
name=SIPlatform
sentence=a library
version=0.0.1
author=foo
license=foo
url=https://github.com/foo
repository=https://github.com/foo

paragraph=This library is boo and it is not included in the compilation
of alpha-accmagsensor.ino is compiled

And here are lines in alpha-accmagsensor.cpp that make this situation
weird. WIth the  earlier case with per-lib library.properties files
SIPlatform.h is NOT being compiled, while with the single
library.properties file I get the funky

#include <SIAccMagSensor.h>
#include <SIPlatform.h>
#include <stdint.h>