[TriEmbed] laptop fan motor control question

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 16:09:51 CST 2021

Yes Scott, I def understand pwm. The frequency you choose is important. Duty cycle is addressed from there. Just as the link to the pulse stretch method you posted calls for higher frequency pwm, which makes sense. There are so many motors and different schemes, we can only discuss typical. At the end of the day it depends. That article also points out the reason for the stretch pulse, which is to have a long enough time on to get a tach reading, because the sensor needs to be powered. I would start with that method first. It is seems reasonable to me to accomplish with an arduino.
John Vaughters

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM, Scott Hall via TriEmbed<triembed at triembed.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Triangle, NC Embedded Computing mailing list

To post message: TriEmbed at triembed.org