[TriEmbed] PWM to Analog 0 to 5 VDC?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Jun 29 21:32:41 CDT 2020

The classic way to do this is with a low pass filter. If you google "PWM DAC" you'll find what you need. But the performance is going to be a function of the PWM frequency and how precisely you can change the duty cycle.Pete
-------- Original message --------From: Charles A via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org> Date: 6/29/20  10:23 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: triembed at triembed.org Subject: [TriEmbed] PWM to Analog 0 to 5 VDC? Anyone have a favorite circuit or chip to convert a PWM signal to a 0 to 5 VDC signal?  The resulting voltage needs to be very stable.  It feeds an ADC input.  I've looked at an RL circuit into an OpAmp that also has a cap to ground at the OpAmp input.  The DVM says it's stable but the ADC reading the voltage says it's not. I'm measuring 100 mV deviations.  Would like to get to a 10 mV deviation. I've tried changing cap values on the input as well as adding caps on the output side of the OpAmp.  Made improvements but still not good enough.  So looking for suggestions please.Thanks,Chuck