[TriEmbed] McMaster Carr is in a class of their own

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Apr 23 12:22:03 CDT 2020

Thanks, John, and also Paul M for the pointer to Pennsylvania Steel
<https://pasteel.com/products/aluminum> aluminum offerings.

But if my booms go much beyond 12' I'll need a tower. I swore I wouldn't
put up another tower. Did you know the top of a 70' tower can move
around a few inches, even when held with twin sets of guy wires with
many hundreds of pounds of tension? I didn't know that. My brain said
"safe" while my body shouted "scary!", despite the full Miller harness,
double safety ropes that you could suspend a car from, etc. (A view up
that tower is here
<http://bitser.net/images/AD4L-2000-Station-Pics/4-15-mono-C4.jpg>, but
from above the 10 meter monobander fixed on Europe. Circa 2000.)