[TriEmbed] McMaster Carr is in a class of their own

Rick nm3g at triad.rr.com
Fri Apr 17 14:46:54 CDT 2020

Well stated Pete.

My experience with McMaster-Carr is that you get a good price on quality
materials and parts. You are NOT getting scraps, floor sweepings, or
substitute parts.

More importantly, if you are not sure what you need, McMaster-Carr's
catalog generally has a discussion on the various grades of materials,
their common uses, as well as their limitations. A virtual rabbit-hole
for the insanely curious!

If by chance McMaster-Carr doesn't have something (and they have a LOT)
... you can also look at Grainger ... a similar company focusing more on
industrial maintenance and repair.

For those that remember The Small Parts Company and their catalog ...
sadly they were gobbled up by Amazon a long time ago. Once a place where
you could get stainless steel spheres in a wide range of sizes, o-rings
galore, and little stuff you didn't know you needed until you saw it ...
alas all is gone. I still keep an old catalog for those times when I
need a mechanical connectivity part but don't really know what it looks
like or is named!

Thanks,

Rick NM3G