[TriEmbed] Watchdogs with ESP8266

alex at matrixwide.com alex at matrixwide.com
Wed May 1 14:07:07 CDT 2019

Anyone successfully implement watchdogs with ESP8266 under Arduino? I’ve tried by using a Ticker ISR and also by attempting to set/feed the hardware watchdog. Yet, my ESP8266 still seems to become unresponsive after a time.

I’m really not asking much of the ESP8266. All it is doing it talking to my EC2 server instance of Mosquito MQTT broker. On my LAN, it is flawless, so I think there’s something which does not like the occasional lost packet or timeout which happens over the net. I just want it to reboot if that happens.

Thanks,
Alex