[TriEmbed] GPS/RF issue

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Wed May 1 11:34:51 CDT 2019

This is an interesting thread!  I'm chiming in on two topics:

On 5/1/19 11:41 AM, Charles West via TriEmbed wrote:
> That said, it was jello effecting pretty hard at those speeds.

I know all these words but not in that order.  What does this mean?

> It seems like the more well known manufactures
> don't do 170 degree cameras.

Field of view is just a matter of lenses.  Hot-glue a concave lens in
front of your camera* and presto, wide-angle (YFMV, Your Focus May
Vary).  Or look for a camera with a common lens mount (C is a common
mount among security-type cameras), and an adequate lens (also this will
probably be a good bit more expensive).

(As an aside, I made a usable barcode reader from an off-the-shelf
webcam by sticking a convex lens in front of it, so that it could focus
on an item a few inches away).

-B

* - okay, it's a bit more complicated to find the right distance away
from the camera for the lens, but it's probably doable!