[TriEmbed] Good article on how to solder surface mount parts

Robert Gasiorowski rgresume at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:52:10 CST 2019

Some wicks are coated with resin flux, so they are messy. You would have to
get bare copper wick and use liquid flux.
Still, I wouldn't suggest using wick to anyone without experience. Drop of
liquid flux will do the trick.
8 or 6 mil traces can be easily damaged when desoldering with iron,
especially when PCB is poor quality (plenty of them lately.)