[TriEmbed] ucurrent etc.

John Wettroth jwet at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 15:27:21 CST 2019

I've been using a SiLabs Eval board for their "Bee" series 8051 derivatives.
Built into the Simplicity Studio software and their boards is a thing called
"{Advanced Energy Monitor Mode" and Energy Monitor Mode that plots current
consumption on your PC.  If you're using their MCU's, it will correlate the
current with your code- pretty cool.  The eval boards cost about $30 and you
can take the SiLabs part off the board and use the current measuring
function by itself.  Its very well done.  Link:
https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/simplicity-studio
 go to the bottom of the page, center and you'll see energy profiler.

You can get an eval board from Mouseror DK- there are many that have the
feature- I have the SLSTK2020A for the BB1.

User guide link:  The Energy profiler is in section 8.  Basically an
integrated uCurrent.

https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/user-guides/ug236-efm8bb1-slstk2020a
.pdf

Pete- these micro's especially the Busy Bee might be a alternative to the
MSP430- very, very low current consumption, really good C compiler (Keil)
and super cheap - about a buck.  These EV-Kits are an amazing deal
themselves.  I've been playing with them for a bit and give you a little
help.  Chris Svec also worked at SiLabs and is familiar with them.

John Wettroth  ~   127 Barriedale Circle  ~  Cary, North Carolina ~ 27519
Office 919 303-5733    ~   Cell  919 349-9875  ~   Home 919 303-5732