[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 69, Issue 12

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Feb 15 12:20:51 CST 2019

I have a uCurrent. My experience with it while measuring current into a
TI CC1310 was dismal, to put it politely. I'll assume it was cockpit
error, but a cheap DMM measuring volts across a 10 ohm 1% resistor gave
much better data than the uCurrent. Wish this wasn't so, but that was my
experience (and I borrowed Chip's uCurrent: same results).  The XDS110
setup I mentioned is to the "'scope across a resistor" experience (that
my client's EE recommended by the way) as driving a Porsche 911 is to
cruising in my Mazda 5. Seriously, I need .csv files, cumulative
microjoules, blah, blah to characterize and document real performance,
regressions, correlations with specific events, etc.

-Pete