[TriEmbed] extra Vectrex improved deflection boards

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Tue Mar 20 20:46:42 CDT 2018

Own a Vectrex? I do. I’m going to mod mine so it can run vector arcade games via my vector generator (which you may have seen me demo).

The thing about the Vectrex is the slew rate of its deflection amplifiers is too slow for arcade games. Someone came up with an outboard deflection board that’s fast enough to do it: http://www.e-basteln.de/asteroids/asteroids_monitor.html#deflection <http://www.e-basteln.de/asteroids/asteroids_monitor.html#deflection>

It’s the same price from Seeed Studio to order 1 or 10, so I ordered 10. Let me know if you’re interested in one. You might be able to use this board with a b&w raster monitor if you rewind the coils on the yoke and give the horizontal output an impedance matching the original coil. That is on my agenda as well.

Alex