[TriEmbed] Scopes, probulators, and matchmaking

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:00:51 CDT 2018

      So I found something I have not seen in ages: my DSO Nano V1
scope. Yes, v1 as in out of production many moons ago. Here is a link
to admire its prehistoricness:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/DSO-nano-Pocket-size-digital-storage-oscilloscope-p-512.html

The probes are rather noisy; if you look how they were make you can
see why. I was thinking on making new ones using some kind of flexible
shielded wire (gnd can be the shield), but what would be flexible
enough? Is there some kind of, say, audio wire that is easily found
locally and would fit the bill?

Second, what if I want to use a proper scope probe? If we forget about
the connector, the main issue is impedance: AFAIK your normal
garden-variety 1X probe is 1MOhm, but the little scope guy was
designed for whatever reason to have 500KOhm impedance. How to match
it and where would be the cleanest place to do it?