[TriEmbed] TriEmbed history and a few links

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sat Oct 7 09:12:15 CDT 2017

TriEmbed grew from square one after Paul MacDougal's regular Arduino
meeting at TechShop fizzled out and he was "this close" to pulling the
plug on it. He and I resolved to see what we could do about a revival,
and Charlie West, Chip McClelland, Shane Trent, Jon Wolfe, Carl Nobile,
Rod Radford, Brian Grawburg, Glen Smith, Craig Cook and /MANY others/
helped make it whatever it is "down here in Wake County", while Scott
Hall and others kept Durham activities alive. The latter morphed into
the the set of events Scott hosts as Splatspace events. (I helped with
those a bit until a health issue forced me to severely prune my
extemporaneity).  But TriEmbed is mostly just a meeting, albeit with a
consistent core bunch of folks: no nonprofit corporation behind it as
there is for a SplatSpace event. There has been some outreach at a few
events, mostly Paul sharing the pile of cool things
<http://triembed.org/blog/member-projects/paul-macdougal/> he's made,
but also to attract more interested parties (e.g. that's how Fred
Ebeling
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tribute-fred-ebeling-praneet-athalye-ph-d-lc/>
found us). Paul made some biz cards with the TriEmbed site URL on it and
many hundreds have gone to night stands and dresser drawer tops
throughout the region. :-)

Finally, TriEmbed has a maintained web site with a meeting archive
<http://triembed.org/blog/meetings/triembed-presentation-archive/>
that's worth a look, as well as a GNU Mailman
<http://groupserver.org/groupserver/features/feature-comparison> email
list that has every message ever posted to it
<http://mail.triembed.org/pipermail/triembed_triembed.org/> in a form
that can be downloaded and perused or googled (prepend
"site:mail.triembed.org" to search words).