[TriEmbed] this just in: Autodesk may offer 160cm^2 AND FOUR LAYERS for $100/year

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Jan 25 11:06:29 CST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	time-nuts Digest, Vol 150, Issue 53
Date: 	Tue, 24 Jan 2017 02:06:47 -0500
From: 	time-nuts-request at febo.com

	time-nuts-request at febo.com

Today's Topics:

    1. Autodesk Eagle -- maybe they're listening (John Ackermann N8UR)
    2. Re: Li-ion Battreries (Brooke Clarke)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:14:28 -0500
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
	<time-nuts at febo.com>
Subject: [time-nuts] Autodesk Eagle -- maybe they're listening

Autodesk just sent a follow-up to my "new price model unacceptable"
complaint a few days ago.  It looks like they are going to upgrade the
"Standard" subscription ($100/year) to support 4 layer boards up to 160
cm2, which I think matches the current standard version capabilities.
Here's a thread from the Autodesk forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/a-path-forward-for-the-make-license-a-step-up-for-standard/td-p/6823182

This is effective with the next release, which is supposed to be out in
a couple of weeks.  (In the meantime, I've made sure to download every
flavor of installer for version 7.7.0, just in case...)

Message: 2