[TriEmbed] getting KiCAD to use a local copy of the github library

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Wed Jan 25 14:51:37 CST 2017

I've been struggling with getting KiCAD to use a local copy of the
github library repo. At the office I'm behind a proxy, and the suggested
setting of a user or system variable for HTTPS_PROXY has not worked (and
yes I do know you may have to log off first).
- run pcbnew
- from 'Preferences' menu select 'Footprint Libraries Wizard'
- check 'files on my computer'

but it seems in this way you have to browse to and select one library at
a time. No way!

I think I will just take this particular laptop home where it can clone
it from github directly the way it wants.

I'm going to see this damn hackaday tutorial to the end, but by then I
might hate KiCAD. We shall see!

Alex

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.