[TriEmbed] Latest Project

Chip McClelland chip at mcclellands.org
Thu Aug 3 04:20:50 CDT 2017

All,

Once again I am out of town for the TriEmbed meeting so I wanted to share a writeup for a project I just completed.  In fact, my being out of town was the motivation for this project as it is a system to water my outdoor plants while I am gone.  I know there are an army of these projects (and products) out there but, I have been developing on the Particle platform lately and the integration of the hardware, carrier (for the cellular versions) the device management and the 3rd party integrations is quite powerful.  I thought this project would be a great learning experience.  I have to admit though, being half a world away (in Jakarta now) while this thing is turning my water on and off does make me nervous.

So, please take a look <https://www.hackster.io/chipmc/smart-and-safe-plant-watering-system-17d5c8> and feel free to provide suggestions, corrections or comments.  Thanks for taking a look and I hope to make a meeting soon.

Chip