[TriEmbed] TriLUG Tonight! TARPN Off-The-Grid Text Messaging

Mahesh Balasubramaniam mbalasu at ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 1 21:33:21 CDT 2017

Tadd,

Yes, I am very much interested in establish a link site physically at Forge
Initiative building.  Currently the Forge Headquarters is at *3300 Green
Level West Rd, Cary, NC *and our humanoid projects happen here.

http://sites.ieee.org/encs-humanoid/upcoming/

Rob Mackie and few others of us are definitely from network/communication
background.  So I believe, as a non-profit we will be able to finance
considering it a low cost equipment but definitely configure and maintain
it.  We can even get a ham certification if needed.

Bottomline, is *your link site model works a very good motivational project
for kids, hobbyist professionals and senior engineers for STEM motivation
within the community by non-profit Forge and IEEE combined efforts*.  I can
see, how your earlier hobby can impact as a positive motivation for the
technical community in future, as it can kickstart a tiny IoT
infrastructure for kids and others.

There are possible location change logistics on the road in few months, *I
will let Rob Mackie contact you directly and work with you on it, adjust
accordingly in future weeks to month*.  But as you know, these aspects can
be handled and I believe *Forge will continue standing for its non-profit
STEM initiative mission forever*.  It will be great, if you can visit
"Forge Initiative" once during your free-time and you will be able to see
it yourself.

Thank you,
Mahesh

Mahesh Balasubramaniam