[TriEmbed] OSH Stencil notes

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Mon Nov 14 11:02:31 CST 2016

On 11/14/2016 11:26 AM, Pete Soper via TriEmbed wrote:
> I always enjoy your good cents.

Bad cents also included, no extra charge.

> If mylar from Pololu tends to sit flat that would be worth some money.

Mylar from Pololu is shipped in a tube, so it must be flattened before
use.  Once that's done, it does sit reasonably flat.  Obviously care
must still be taken.

My flattening methods have been the heavy-book-sandwich as well as using
magnets to affix it flat to one of my whiteboards (oriented such that
the curve tendency is convex).  In a warmish room, a couple days oughta
do it.

Realistically though, a bit of smear and bleed is going to be
unavoidable unless you're using a machine.  Hopefully your paste has
good flux and will (literally) pull itself together during reflow.
Mopping up afterward with more flux and solder wick is very effective.
Even QFN packages can be de-bridged that way, especially on a board with
a good soldermask.

SMT is fun!

-B