[TriEmbed] OSH Stencil notes

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Nov 15 10:08:30 CST 2016

I haven't noticed any tendency for kapton/polyamide stencils to lose
their curvature, even after a year or more. For fun I clamped one
between two sheets of metal with a vise and brought the whole thing up
to about 170F and held that for a few hours. and then sat it outside to
cool. When the stencil came back out it was exactly the same shape: a
little arc of roughly two inch radius waiting to be annoying once again.
So mylar is better than kapton on this score too.
-Pete