[TriEmbed] Logic Sniffer Recommendations

Michael Monaghan mike at chipworks.net
Tue Jun 28 20:18:43 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a logic analyzer.  Having just used a Saleae Logic 4,
I know it'll do what I need.  I know there are clones and there are options
like the Logic Pirate.  I need to record 30+ seconds of RS232 to look at
the bit timing which is either 8.32 microseconds or 8.8 microseconds in
previous tests.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a logic analyse that will allow me
to record for up to a minute at 20MHz or higher?

Background... I'm diagnosing a device that runs Async at 115200, or at
least is it supposed to.  I is actually running at 120192 because the
virtual UART isn't initialized correctly.  That's 4.3% on a spec tolerance
of 3.3% max.   As is always the case, the vendor had more questions after I
submitted the test results, so I need to run more tests.

Thanks,

Mike