[TriEmbed] (Amazon) Dash FCC info and model corrections

Michael Monaghan mike at chipworks.net
Tue Jul 26 16:00:21 CDT 2016

Warning: Speculation based on rumors ahead ->

I've read a ton while waiting for tools to compile.  The crib notes:

All _dash_ buttons will be migrated to V2 hardware.  Those still shipping
V1 were just slow movers or produced right before hardware changeover.

The IoT V1 is identical hardware to the dash V1 but the firmware is
different as it allows for three states...  Short Press, Long Press, and
Double Click to be communicated to the server.  Dash Buttons _supposedly_
only do short press.

The IoT V2 is supposed to be unique hardware from the V2 dash, however
re-reading, that is speculation based on the rumor the battery will be
replaceable.  As we know now, the Dash V2 hardware has a replaceable
battery if you break the seal.  Maybe it will have a different case to
allow access to the battery, or maybe someone at Amazon or the mfr. let
loose when they saw the battery holder and there are no plans to give end
users access.  Regardless, if they keep the tri-state button, it would make
sense to have different firmware.

It feels better to have that on the outside.  (lol)