[TriEmbed] [TAR] New free Atmel Studio 7 development studio now lets you input Arduino sketches.

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 08:38:50 CDT 2015

> I've always found the Arduino IDE's build system vexing, arbitrary, and severely limiting.

I completely agree. Anyone that has worked with any half decent IDE would agree with this statement. This is what makes the Amtel/Windows solution enticing. I tried to set up Eclipse to compile Arduino and ended up with a horrendous working solution that doubled the size of the program space, but I never tried to figure out what I was doing wrong. I just moved on. For the most part I still use the crappy Arduino IDE as a path of least resistance. I do grow tired of constantly learning new tools to get simple tasks done, but I may check out Amtel IDE.
John Vaughters