[TriEmbed] Improvement over Molex crimp connectors?

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Fri Oct 16 15:01:38 CDT 2015

What's the environment of the completed cable assemblies?  Is there much
movement going on and/or plugging/unplugging?  Crimp connectors are
usually terrifically reliable; I've heard them described as better than
solder in some cases.  I've never had any reliability issues with the
rigs I've made using only a pair of needle-nose pliers to do the crimping.

Crimp connectors are generally better on stranded than on solid wire, in
case that could be a part of it.

When you say "reliability issues," what is the failure state?  Wires
coming free from the terminations?