[TriEmbed] Improvement over Molex crimp connectors?

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:14:36 CDT 2015

Hey TriEmbed!

I have a client who is having reliability issues with their hand-crimped
Molex connectors. They are using what appear to be genuine Molex crimpers
and the proper wire for the terminal size (by wire gauge anyway, 20 ga))
but are still having problems getting reliable connections. The wire seems
to have larger insulation than I expect to see. Their 20 ga with insulation
has a larger OD than my "house brand" 18 ga.

Does anyone have a brand or type of connector that they like for
hand-crimping in the 2 to 6 circuit sizes? These are low current circuits,
expected to carry 4 amps or less. I am happy to treat for coffee if anyone
has wisdom to share!

Thanks,
Shane

--