[TriEmbed] ESP8266 Serial Connection

Christian Lilley christian.lilley at gomohu.com
Tue May 19 10:00:58 CDT 2015

All of the information on the ESP8266 can be found here.
<https://nurdspace.nl/ESP8266>

According to the wiki the baud rate should be 57600. Sparkfun does mention
that a level shifter should be used and that it should not be connected
directly to 5V sources.

Here is an example
<http://allaboutee.com/2014/12/27/esp8266-arduino-code-and-circuit/>using
the Arduino's software serial to communicate with the ESP and the normal
serial lines to communicate with the FTDI board. This guy uses a 9600 baud
rate but I don't know if that is a custom setting he uses.

Christian Lilley | Electrical Engineer

 [image: images] <http://www.gomohu.com/>

919.794.8627 ext 129

christian.lilley at gomohu.com