[TriEmbed] Transistor as switch

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Tue Jun 16 10:58:31 CDT 2015

After bouncing it back and forth during the night I decided to use a MOSFET afterall.
I had some FQP30N06L N-channels and wired it up this morning. Works perfectly.
I did have to lower the resistor between the Pi's GPIO pin and the base to 33 ohm from 3.3 k.
If this was a real project, say with a 24VDC pump, I would use a BJT between the Pi and the MOSFET.
I will address this in the class and in the project manual the students get.
I'll show them the relay set-up so they are at least familiar with the concept.

Brian