[TriEmbed] Transistor as switch

Van Watts vanwatts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 14:38:58 CDT 2015

Carl,

Thanks for the reply. If it's likely to burn up the Pi then it's not good
enough! :)

Van

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Carl Nobile via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

Van,

My concern with getting this to work for Brian's class is that there may be
a lot of RPi's that blow up if he goes the seemingly "good enough" route.
Even using a relay without some opto isolation may cause smoke. There is no
"good enough" when talking about inductive loads. One needs the minimum
requirements in all cases or you'll be hearing crackling sounds and a
little fog afterwards.

Carl

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Van Watts via TriEmbed <

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com