[TriEmbed] Windows 7 (and 8) users FYI: Msoft preparing to change 10 upgrade policy again

jonjwolfe at anibit.com jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Tue Dec 8 10:25:53 CST 2015

I just tested, I don't know if I had run Kicad since upgrading to 10. It
seems to be working for me, I was able to open up some of my old
designs, though I didn't do anything extensive...

Also, and this is true of any os, upgraded OS's tend to be a little less
stable than a fresh install. I do have one machine where some crapware
that was preinstalled was not compatible with windows 10, so it pop's up
a box at login. It's not a machine I use every day, so it hasn't annoyed
me enough yet to figure out how to uninstall it. That being said, 5 of
my 7 machines were upgraded vs fresh installs, and I only had minor
typical driver issues, but nothing I wasn't able to resolve (and two of
the older machines required bios upgrades prior to upgrading the os).