[TriEmbed] Windows 7 (and 8) users FYI: Msoft preparing to change 10 upgrade policy again

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Tue Dec 8 09:50:07 CST 2015

I tried 10 for a while... On my Lenovo Y510p (desktop class laptop) it
worked well for the most part but then had graphics issues after a time. i
could not get KiCad to run at all. It would just crash every time. And
there were a lot of other oddities I couldn't explain. Also... the new
Win8/10 driver signing requirements are such a pain. I'm back to Windows 7
now because of that.

I also had a cheap Gigabyte BRIX computer I use to run the Colossus LED
display. It was Win 10 at first, but again just had weird crashes and
slowdowns. Switched to Ubuntu... no problems anymore.

I really did like 10... apparently I just have systems that don't work well
with it.