[TriEmbed] Embedded Dev Transistor Tips - Updated slides

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:17:05 CDT 2015

Hi Gang,

Thanks for being such a great audience last night during my presentation!
The questions from the group were great and I enjoyed the interaction. I
recommend everyone pick a topic and share some knowledge!

I sent Pete updated slides for posting on TriEbed.org. The references on
the last slide have links to where I pulled most of the images. I added a
line about BJT's susceptibility to thermal runaway and the MOSFET's
resistance to thermal runaway. Google is your friend if you want details.

And I finally see why the I2C level converter must be connected as shown in
the diagram.

https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/b/0/e/1/0/522637c6757b7f2b228b4568.png

To work the device must reverse bias the body diode when both sides are at
their highest voltage. So the diode must point at the higher voltage to be
reverse biased. It is a very clever circuit.

Please ping the group if you want a clarification on something or a general
question. Feel free to send me a private e-mail if you want to ask a
confidential project question.

Shane

--
A blog about some of my projects.  http://fettricks.blogspot.com/