[TriEmbed] Another College Drop out Billionaire Made from his garage

Martin Brooke martin.brooke at duke.edu
Tue May 13 14:23:41 CDT 2014

​I think his work at the USC Institute for Creative Technologies probably
has some influence.
The garage part probably came later.  I think without the community behind
him and his education, nothing close to the Oculus Rift would have ever
happened.  There are plenty of folks who think that was true of Steve Jobs
and Bill Gates too.  There were a lot of folks trying to make the first
Apple, Jobs just got lucky, so did Palmer!

​
http://ict.usc.edu/news/former-ict-staffer-palmer-luckey-named-one-of-forbes-30-under-30/
​

Martin