[TriEmbed] (POE) Ethernet microcontroller

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:49:35 CDT 2014

John, I was referring to Glen's comment about the advantages of the BBB
over RPi for production but as for production - I would have no problems
putting either of them directly as a component in a low-volume unit
production product. I have built products that ship with embedded PCs and I
see nothing substandard about either of these boards that would preclude
them from a production product.

Now if you are shipping in the hundreds or higher then you could build your
own board for less - basically there is a break even point where the cost
of the prebuilt unit exceeds the engineering costs to build your own.