[TriEmbed] Power Supply rail current

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Wed Jul 9 07:01:48 CDT 2014

Ok, yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wanted it to be normally open and
then energize the relay to close and provide power. That way when I turn
the supply on, nothing is connected by default. But I assume I still have
to be worried about the contact welding in that scenario since I might
already have the device drawing power hooked up (I would rather not have to
disconnect it every time I start up the supply).

Also, I think I found my power rails:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H9JRI0/ref=biss_dp_t_asn
1/8" x 1/4" copper bar stock. My calculations show this should be able to
handle WAY more power than I need. And it's pretty cheap. Figure I'd just
do a slightly wider than 1/4" trace and then solder this on top.