[TriEmbed] RTOS (was Re: [OBSOLETE trianglearduino:1093] Favorite H-Bridge chip)

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Jan 17 09:33:13 CST 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:26 AM, Sai Saketh Divvela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a graduate student in computer engineering at NCSU ,specializing
> in chip design and embedded systems.I have attended last meeting on
> custom pcb design conducted by Triembed group at NC state.I found the
> seminar very informative and interesting .I would like to know if
> somebody could present a seminar on RTOS in embedded systems in future.

Hello Sai Saketh,
   Thanks for sharing this with the group. Although most of the folks
attending TriEmbed meetings are using the very bare-bones runtime
environment offered by the hobby IDEs for single chip microcontrollers
such as what you get with the Arduino IDE, some folks are familiar with
embedded operating systems and a few may be using realtime systems in
non-hobby contexts. In many cases folks are using embedded operating
systems with nontrivial applications where the OS doesn't really meet
the definition of "realtime" but definitely meets the definition of
"gets the job done in most cases", and I'm thinking specifically of Linux.
   So, to clarify what would be of use to you (and to gauge whether this
might be of interest to others, risk going "over most peoples heads",
etc), let me ask a question. What information would you expect to take
way from an "RTOS seminar?"
   Thanks again for attending and volunteering to help with future
meetings. We'll get the volunteer pool organized in coming weeks before
the next meeting at NCSU.

Regards,
Pete