[TriEmbed] Fritzing

The MacDougals paulmacd at acm.org
Tue Jan 14 08:23:15 CST 2014

I have also used Fritzing.  When I was designing my first Arduino shield
(single layer PC board that I etched myself), I started by downloading
Eagle.  Of course, I did not read the manual or watch any tutorials.  I was
incredibly frustrated at the steep learning curve.  I would draw connections
between parts in the schematic capture mode only to find that Eagle did not
actually make a connection between the wire I was drawing and the pin on the
part.  So, I downloaded Fritzing and within a couple of hours, I had my
board designed.  I went back to Eagle when I started using OSH Park to avoid
having to mess with Gerber files.

At that point, I watched some tutorials on the web about Eagle and figured
out what I was doing wrong with my connections (don't use the "wire" tool,
use the "net" tool).

---> Paul