[TriEmbed] Proposed talk for September's meeting

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 00:03:53 CDT 2014

On 08/13/2014 06:09 PM, Scott Hall wrote:
> Lee Atkinson has been working on Beaglebone Black's using the Cloud-9 IDE and
> Node.JS to connect to "Fidget"s sensor and actuator breakout boards.

This week is actually my first introduction to the "phidgets" breakout boards.
Lee was kind enough to send me a link for you all to check ahead of time:
http://www.phidgets.com/index.php

Note that these can be interfaced to R-Pi's, BBB's, ELLK's -- just about any
microcontroller.  For 32-bit boards running Linux, there is a rich open-source
community of libraries and frameworks in C, C++, Python, Node.JS -- just about
any language -- to access and manage the various phidgets.  Lee wants to show
how easy and quick it is on the BBB using Node.JS, and describe how he has put
together a couple of projects.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA