[TriEmbed] Surface Mount Components Newbie Questions

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:31:48 CDT 2014

Chip,

You have a point about the automated machines, if the humidity is high the
machines may malfunction. However, I do know of components that have
humidity issues also like some capacitors. It is not the water itself
which, by-the-way, will not conduct electricity, it's the impurities in the
water that is the issue. Humidity can change a crystal's frequency. When I
used to work on transmitters the oscillators were put into a heated box so
the radio/TV station would not drift off frequency. An FCC pink slip would
show up in the stations mail box with a hefty fine attached if the station
frequency did drift.

I usually leave the parts on the ribbon tape and fold them up and put them
in a bag. Too much work taking them all apart and getting them mixed up
with other like parts.

Carl

carl.nobile at gmail.com