[TriEmbed] Linux newbie advice

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:22:13 CDT 2014

Glen,

I just found out some very interesting information. As it turns out the
Beagle Bone started to use Debian as the default OS on the BBB. Since
Ubuntu is based off Debian I would just go ahead and update to the Debian
from the link below.

http://beagleboard.org/project/debian

This page from Adafruit gives a very clear process for doing the install.
You will need a mini SD card to do it however.

http://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/beaglebone-black-installing-operating-systems.pdf

I just did it and it went very smoothly. If you need help let me know. I
can also give you pointers on how to setup a user account that has sudo for
yourself.

Carl

carl.nobile at gmail.com