[TriEmbed] Help with PCB design software choice

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:04:06 CDT 2014

We just had this discussion a couple of months ago at the Monday-night
meetup.

Discussed was not only KiCAD and the for-personal-use one-offs Eagle
license (Free EAGLE PCB Design Software, Layout Software -
CadSoft<http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/freeware/>),
ExpressPCB's software (ExpressPCB - Free PCB layout and schematic
software<http://www.expresspcb.com/ExpressPCBHtm/Download.htm>),
but also apps like Fritzing <http://fritzing.org/home/> and
DesignSpark PCB<http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/page/designspark-pcb-home-page>
.

Here is a page that lists 10 free PCB design software apps:
http://www.electroschematics.com/2249/pcb-design-software/

Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA
scottghall1 at gmail.com