[TriEmbed] Question concerning a mechanical release

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 07:55:24 CDT 2013

I'm going to disagree with sing opto-isolators.  They are slow (non-squarewave forming, but very rounded waves) and very noisy (interference with PWM signals, and mis-triggers for other I/O).

Scott,

I appreciate the feedback. I admit that my methods may be old and I am always looking for some newer techniques, I look forward to reviewing this solution you mentioned. I have been using the opto-isolators for over a decade and will state they work quite well without any significant noise or mis-triggers, but I do not use them in high frequency at all, so I just may not have seen those limitations.

This is why I love these forums, everyone has a different approach and we can all learn.

Thanks,

John Vaughters