[TriEmbed] Anyone done much work with home automation?

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 07:25:24 CDT 2013

>> Power plug control via TTL
>> http://www.powerswitchtail.com/Pages/default.aspx

>It's 3-12 volts for the control signal. Probably a garden variety solid
>state relay inside the lump.

They actually show the circuit board (that sits inside the 'lump') on the
page and that is exactly that it is.  The advantage is that you don't have
to deal with 120v signals as they have all been hidden inside and there is
no risk of injury to the person building the controller if they make a
mistake in wiring, or don't fasten down their wires correctly, etc.

I have not used it, but i have recommended it to some friends for specific
projects.