[TriEmbed] Amazon to Use Drones to deliver Packages

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 16:34:13 CST 2013

Thanks everyone for the great discussion. I think if anyone is going to make this happen, it will be a Bezos or an Elon Musk, although a bit small for Musk `,~)

I for one do not discount Bezos statement. Anyone that can go from selling books online to also being the largest Computer Cloud Rental service has what it takes to give this a go. I have seen an article that tried to claim this was a mere publicity stunt, but I doubt Bezos would take that route, although I think what better time to drive hype than now, so definitely timed properly.

All of us understand the technological hurdles, which by themselves are significant, but at this stage I think we can all agree the solution is possible, albeit limited until Li-Air or something better than our current battery technology adds distance, this would be a significant hurdle.

The public response is somewhat unpredictable, but considering the FAA has already planned for drone traffic on a VERY real basis, I find it amazingly interesting. Whether the public wants to fear for Gov. intrusion and Bezos is just another hidden NSA collaborator, or we have a new class of lawyers chasing drones instead of ambulances is all up for grabs. I personally think people would love the quick response, but fear a falling sky. Neo-chicken littles. And why not? Who wants 6 pounds of package falling on their head.

I agree with Pete that I am not holding my breath. You can have a great idea and you can truly want it to happen and then completely fail to make it happen come implementation time for various reasons we all have discussed.

I have a watchful eye on this new area of commerce. The Drone Era!

Thanks Everyone,

John Vaughters