[TriEmbed] Amazon to Use Drones to deliver Packages

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 12:01:49 CST 2013

Charles,

It most certainly does boil down to logistics. I think the Airline and/or Package Delivery Industries will be the starting point for a logistical system to handle a GPS point delivery system.  We are a very long way from this reality and it will have to start with something simple like Amazon's plan.

2015 - Amazon Starts drone delivery
2020 -  Many of the kinks get worked out and Gov and Industry finally find a balance
2025 - Expansion of the delivery system reaches most Metropolitan areas
2030 - New Generation cannot imagine life without it, people angry because they are still not in a coverage area
2040 - GPS Point Delivery systems start as an expensive novelty.

It's Truly hard to predict this far out and how people respond to changes in Technology, so many hiccups that revolve around reliable and safe operation. But I am basing these predictions on watching and and studying how technology progresses from historical perspective as well as in my lifetime. While also realizing that some new Tech may come along and accelerate the possibilities. We also have to recognize that many great ideas never come to fruition. I will say that lately I am seeing a revolution in electronics and computing that reminds me of the Origin of the PC, but I would say this time the forces are much stronger and will produce some technology leaps in the next decade. Very hard to predict in these times.

I will read your paper, thanks for the discussion.

John Vaughters