[TriEmbed] Wire twist rate

jwet jwet at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 27 18:06:08 CDT 2023

A lot.  The twist pitch time the length should be big enough to make it so fraction twist won't matter.  You're canceling induction and you want the same ins as outs, so they'll cancel each other.  If your run is 12 inches and you have 1 twist per inch, a missing twist would be 8% of total or 21.5 dB of reduction.  With 3 per inch you'd have <3%, or about 30 dB.  The is in theory.  You'd like to have a bit higher pitch since it will give you better "local" rejection.  Twisting and shielding are the hot setup, magnetic and electrostatic.  A few per inch is the kind of number or you pick up Capacitance.  Cat6 is 2 per cm or 5 per inch.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mauricio Tavares via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org> Date: 7/26/23  8:32 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: TriEmbed Discussion <triembed at triembed.org> Subject: [TriEmbed] Wire twist rate If I am pulling signal off a garden-variety variable reluctancesensor, how much flexibility do I have with the wire twist ratio?_______________________________________________Triangle, NC Embedded Interest Group mailing listTo post message: TriEmbed at triembed.orgList info: http://mail.triembed.org/mailman/listinfo/triembed_triembed.orgTriEmbed web site: https://TriEmbed.orgTo unsubscribe, click link and send a blank message: mailto:unsubscribe-TriEmbed at bitser.net?subject=unsubscribeSearchable email archive available at https://www.mail-archive.com/triembed@triembed.org/